Dressing Frame: Lacing
(Redirected from Lacing and Unlacing)
- Two flaps of cloth with five shoelace holes on both sides, on a wooden frame.
This is an individual presentation.
- Directress shows the child how to untie the shoelace.
- Untie the knot.
- Pull lace out from each hole, one by one, starting from the bottom.
- Starting from the top, insert the shoelace into the first hole on the right side of the flap, through the first hole on the opposite side of the flap.
- Make sure the shoelace is at equal length at both sides of the shoe by holding the shoelaces end up straight.
- Adjust the position to make sure the ends meet.
- Starting from the right, insert the shoelace through the bottom of the second hole on the left side of the frame.
- Then on the left, insert the shoelace through the bottom of the second hole on the right side of the frame.
- Continue doing this, alternating between right and left, till the end.
- Tie a bow.
Control Of Error
There is a shoelace hole opposite each other.
Points Of Interest
- To teach a child how to tie and untie shoe laces.
- To develop the child's eye hand coordination.
- To develop the child's fine motor control.
- To develop the child's concentration.
- To develop the child's independence.
- To satisfy the child's need for order.