Aspects of the Verb: The duration of the action depends upon the presence or absence of an object.
- The directress writes several commands of which some are transitive and some are intransitive.
- These are distributed to the children and they begin executing the commands at the same time.
- It is observed that some children have finished their actions, i.e. write a word, open the door, while others have not finished because no one has told them to stop, i.e. walk, hop.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- Point of consciousness: An action without an object may last forever. An action with an object has a specific point of completion.
- Comprehension of transitive and intransitive verbs; concept of infinitive.