Blue Box 5 (Secret or Mystery box)
Blue box containing eight to ten pieces of paper, folded twice, with longer phonic words written on each. The words include adjectives, verbs, conjunctions and nouns not easily illustrated.
Example words: glum, glad, plod, slap, drag, fret, from,grin, trot, swim, and, exit, stop, ...etc.
Other words can be selected from Morris - Montessori Word List - Blue Level adjectives, verbs, conjunctions and nouns not easily illustrated.
This is an individual presentation (Note: full work cycle to be observed).
- The Directress place the Blue Box 5 with the lid underneath the box, in front of the child. Remind the child about "secret" box by saying very quietly, "The words in the box are secret words. Read it and do not let anybody hear this".
- The Directress then takes one piece of paper in the box, unfold it and read it silently. She then refolds the paper and put it aside. The Directress then invites the child to read the rest of the secret words in the box.
- When the child has completed, the Directress may verify the words by asking the child to whisper in her ears the words that the child has read.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- Practice reading silently.
- Extend reading vocabulary of longer phonic words not easily illustrated.
Change the words occasionally to provide variety.