Blue reading lists
- List of words approximately 6 to 10 on a card. The words are a mixture of longer phonic words and can give practice in reading different letter patterns.
Example words: desk, disk, risk, dusk, musk, husk, tusk, ...etc. Other words to be selected from the Morris - Montessori Word List - Blue Level.
This is an individual presentation to be carried out on the table. (Note: full work cycle to be observed).
- The Directress places the Blue reading list in front of the child and points to the first word on the top of the list.
- Invite the child to read the word aloud and remind them to blend silently.
- The child reads through all the words on the list.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- Practice reading longer phonic words.
- Extend reading vocabulary.