Card with different length and shaped lines
Revision as of 21:06, 17 September 2010 by Bobv (moved Card with different lenght and shaped lines to Card with different length and shaped lines: Misspelling.)
- Strips of paper with different length and shaped lines: straight lines, shorter lines, zigzag, curvy lines.
This is an individual presentation.
- Directress shows the child how to carry the materials on a tray to the table
- Show the child how to hold the scissors with the thumb, index and middle finger on the handle of the scissors.
- Show the child how to open the scissors by opening up the hand, letting the thumb and the index fingers go apart.
- Close the scissors by closing the hand, bringing the fingers to form a fist.
- Now take a strip of paper already lined with patterns in the left hand, place it in between the opened scissors and cut according to the line by opening and closing the scissors.
- Repeat for all the slips of paper already lined with patterns.
- Allow the child to try whenever he wishes.
Control Of Error
The lines and patterns on paper provide control.
Points Of Interest
May present this exercise during art and craft session.
- To teach the child how to use scissors.
- To develop the child's fine motor control.
- To develop the child's concentration.
- To develop the child's independence
- To prepare the child for later project work.