Color box IIII
Revision as of 19:20, 22 July 2009 by Corkiepug
3 -4 1/2 yrs
A box with eight sections, each section containing four matching pairs. The colors are red, rose, yellow, blue, green, purple, brown, and grey.
- Invite the child to work with the 'tint box'.
- Show the child where the color tint box is located on the shelf. When the child has made the selection of the material, begin with the third step after naming the material for the child.
- Indicate the proceedure of carrying the material: one hand on each side of the box, with thumbs on top and fingers on the bottom.
- Place the box on a rug in the upper left corner.
- Remove the lid and place it under the box (or next to the box if the lid is to be replaced after the materials are removed).
- Say, "I will match and then grade the color tablets."
- Remove one section of the tablets holding the wooden or plastic edges, and place them in mixed order in a horizontal line toward the top of the table or rug.
- Select the darkest tint and place it below the box.
- Select the matching color tablet and place it to the right of the darkest tablet.
- Continue in the same manner with the remaining tablets, choosing the darkest and then finding the match.
- When the eight tablets have been matched and graded, select another section of tablets and continue in the same manner.
- Return the material to the box, one tablet at a time, holding the tablets as described in step #6. Begin at the top, and move from left to right.
- Return the material to the shelf in the manner indicated in step #3.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest