Difference between revisions of "Helping out"
(New page: ==Helping out== [http://www.wikisori.com/index.php/Practical_Life back] <h3>Age</h3> 3-6 <br /> <h3>Materials</h3> <br /> <h3>Preparation</h3> This is a group presentation. <br /> <h3>Pre...)
Revision as of 06:33, 26 September 2008
This is a group presentation.
Discuss about how the children can help out in school:
- Assisting with shoes: older children always seem to enjoy helping younger children to master skills that they have already learnt themselves. the Directress should encourage this sort of cooperation; it is much more productive than if the Directress steps in and takes over.
- Holding doors open: The Directress should stress the importance of this activity for reasons both of courtesy and safety. Children can hold doors open when groups come in from the garden, etc.
- Helping someone who has hurt himself: The Directress should teach by example and encourage children to become involved and to show concern, kindness and calm behavior.
- Sharing heavy load: At clearing up time, the Directress should show the children how to carry tables, etc together.
- Serving good at snack or mealtime.
- Children should learn to enjoy serving each other graciously.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- To encourage the children to be considerate and aware of other people's needs.