How to Butter Bread
Revision as of 19:27, 13 August 2009 by Rosalia
- A large tray.
- A small plate.
- A butter knife.
- A placemat.
- A container with soft butter or margarine.
- A few slices of bread in a closed container.
Individual or small group presentation.
- Introduce the activity and explain that you are going to show them how to butter a slice of bread.
- Ask the child to take the tray to the table.
- Take a slice of bread from the container and place it on the plate.
- Scoop out a small amount of butter or margarine with the butter knife and slowly spread it onto the bread.
- Repeat if necessary.
- Share the slice of bread with the child.
- Wash the butter knife and the plate.
- Invite the child to repeat the activity with another child.
- Remind him to return the tray to the shelf after he is finished.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- To teach a child how to carefully use a knife and to butter a slice of bread.