How to Grate Soap
Revision as of 18:38, 11 November 2009 by CoricZelco
- A large tray.
- A container with a bar of soap.
- A container with a grater.
- A small box.
- A small brush.
Individual or group presentation.
- Introduce the child to the activity.
- Carry the tray to the table.
- Take the bar of soap and the grater, slowly begin grating the soap into the plastic tray.
- Show the child how she needs to be careful not to place her fingers or knuckles too close to the grater.
- Remove the lid from the soap box and using the brush, brush the grated soap into the box.
- Brush all of the soap off the grater into the soap box.
- Smell the grated soap in the soap box.
- Place the lid back onto the soap box.
- Invite the child to repeat the activity and put it back in the shelf when she is finished.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- To develop a child's coordination with fine motor skills.