Mother Goose's Nursery Rhymes
Thirty-five cards from literature timeline. 3-part card material on foam core board. see www.montessorilitlines.com
Students need "Great Lesson: "The Birth of Literture"
1. Ask students to observe the timeline. "What was the first literary form in western culture? (The epic) What came first, traditional literature or genres? (Traditional literature). Give an example of a traditional form. Give an example of a genre. Tell the person next to you the name of a traditional form. Tell the person next to you the name of a genre.
2. What's a nursery rhyme. Can anyone give an example from memory?
3. Who can find where nursery rhymes come in on the timeline?
4. Who can find nursery rhymes on the 3-part card material? Will you take the picture, label, and definition card off the board? Will someone else collect all the green timeline cards and replace them in the box?
5. Who will read the definition card for nursery rhymes? Does anyone recognize the drawing? (One little piggy went to market; two little piggies went home..."
6. Let's read a few. Read from "My Very First Mother Goose," edited by Iona Opie, illustrated by Rosemary Wells. I also recommend, "Classic Nursery Rhymes: Enchanting rhymes and songs to share."
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest