Noun Box 2
- Black cards with longer phonic words, blends and double letters of objects in the classroom. E.g. clock, bell, clip, milk, seven, dustpan, inset, desk, ...etc.
Words selected related to objects in the classroom and for the later exercises that relate to topics of interest to the children. The Morris - Montessori Word list has clearly defined spelling patterns to choose from.
This is a group presentation to be carried out with a group of children in the floor. (Note: full work cycle to be observed).
- The Directress introduces the Noun Box 2 to the children, saying "Today we are going to do Noun Box 2".
- She opens the lid of the box, place it underneath the box on the mat.
- She then takes out the grey-heading card with the word "Noun" and places it on the mat.
- The Directress gives a card each to a child.
- The child reads the word on the card and then places the card at the object.
- When all the children have place the cards
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- Practice reading.
- Develop reading vocabulary related to cultural subjects or project work.