Collection of 6 to 8 pairs of pictures of animals or plants, belonging to the same group:
The set of pictures should be mounted on white card with a dot of specified color on the reverse side, i.e. blue for bird, green for vegetables, ... etc.
- Directress laid the first set of cards in a row on the floor mat.
- She then shows the child how to pair them, naming them as she lays them out.
Control Of Error
Color-coding on the reverse of the cards.
Points Of Interest
- Introduce a simple pairing exercise.
- Prepare the child for future exercises in the classification of animal and plant kingdoms.
- Expand the child's vocabulary.
- Refine the child's power of observation.
- Extend visual memory.