Difference between revisions of "Phonetic Single Word Books"
m (1 revision)
Latest revision as of 05:03, 16 July 2009
- A small booklet with a single phonetic word printed on each page.
- One booklet for each vowel.
- Directress takes a booklet and asks the child if he would like to read a book.
- Let the child sound out and read each page.
- Encourage the child to read more booklets.
- Show child how to "mentally" sound out words, then read aloud.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- Child having the feeling of accomplishment because he can read a book.
- The pictures.
- To practice in forming words.
- Indirect preparation for reading and writing.
Child reads a booklet to another child.