Pouring rice (from one identical jug to another)
- Two identical small jugs.
- A tray.
This is an individual presentation.
- Directress shows the child how to carry the materials on a tray to the table and shows the child how to pour.
- Directress shows the child how to hold the handle of the jug by grasping the handle between the thumb and the index finger.
- Start by pouring from left to right.
- Tilt the jug.
- Support the jug by placing the index and middle fingers of the other hand just below the spout of the jug.
- Make sure that the tip of the spout is not touching the other jug, which is placed on the tray.
- Pour the rice into the other jug slowly.
- Repeat the exercise by pouring the rice back.
Control Of Error
Spillage - visual and audible.
Points Of Interest
If the rice is spilled on the tray, Directress shows the child how to pick them up and return them to the jug.
- To teach the child how to pour.
- To develop the child's eye-hand coordination.
- To develop the child's fine motor skills.
- To develop the child concentration.
- To develop the child's independence.
- To satisfy the child's need for order.