Revision as of 05:03, 16 July 2009 by WikiAdmin (1 revision)
- Movable alphabet.
- Directress places the rug on the floor and Movable alphabet box on the top right hand corner of rug.
- Tell the child that he's going to make words using these letters.
- Give child a word, "mat" then sound out the word: "m" "a" "t" and repeat word "mat".
- Child listens to word and spelling, then begins to find the letters from the box and place them on the rug (top left hand corner).
- Directress guides the child in finding each letter by repeating the sound; (ie., "mat" --"m", child takes "m" and places it on the rug; "a", child places "a" on rug; "t", child finds "t" and places it on the rug.
- Call out all words in this procedure. Child listens to words and spelling of sounds only.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- Indirect preparation for reading and writing.
- To develop ability to isolate sounds in a given word.
- Provide practce in combining isolated sounds to make words.
After a while child is able to sound out or spell words and place them on the rug without the help of the directress. Encourage the child to copy these words in a small writing booklet.