Subtraction Chart B
Revision as of 04:50, 15 October 2009 by Rosalia
- Subtraction Chart B (not filled in).
- Subtraction Chart A.
- Slips on which are written all the subtraction combinations 1 - 18.
- Small cards to fill in the blank chart (answer tiles).
- Or blank duplicated for the child to fill in.
- Directress takes a slip, for e.g. 5-3.
- Find the number 5 on the top of the board and -3 at the right side of the board.
- Place fingers on the two numbers and slide them along and down to the meeting point.
- Place the answer tile in that column.
- The child completes the Chart B.
Control Of Error
- There is the exact number of answer tiles to complete the Subtraction Chart B.
- Chart A acts as a control of error because the answers are stated on it.
Points Of Interest
- To help the child learn and remember the subtraction tables up to 18.