The Golden Bead - Teaching the names of the quantities
- 1 Golden Bead Unit.
- 1 Ten Bead Bar.
- 1 Hundred Square.
- 1 Thousand Cube.
- 1 Operational mat.
- The Directress introduces the column on mat, pointing to each column as she says, "This is Unit, Ten, Hundred, Thousand".
- The Directress then introduces the materials, as she places the materials on the respective columns.
- "This is 1 Unit" (place 1 Golden Unit in column 'U').
- "This is 1 Ten Bead Bar" (place a Ten Bead Bar in column 'T')
- "This is 1 Hundred Square" (place 1 Hundred Square in column 'H')
- "This is 1 Thousand Cube" (place 1 Thousand Cube in column 'TH')
The Directress then uses the Three Period Lesson to teach the child the names of the quantities:
The First Period:
"This is one", "This is one ten", "This is one hundred", "This is one thousand".
The Second Period:
"Show me one ten", "Show me one thousand", "Show me one", "Show me one hundred".
The Third Period:
"What is this?"
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- Teach the names of the quantities.