Addition Chart 6
- Addition Chart 6
- Addition Chart 3 (for checking)
- All the combinations from 1 + 1 to 9 + 9 written on separate slips
- A box of slips containing the answers for the empty chart (answer tiles)
- Or blank charts duplicated for each child to fill in.
- Directress invites the child to the shelf and introduces them to the Addition Chart 6.
- Directress invites the child to choose a place to work on the table and then shows the child how to bring the materials to the selected working place.
- The Directress takes a slip, for example 4 + 5.
- Directress places her fingers on 4 and 5 along and across the chart, slides the finger together and places the answer tile in the meeting point column of number 4 and number 5.
- Checks the answer with Chart 3.
- Work through the slips.
Control Of Error
- There is the exact number of Answer Tiles to complete the Addition Chart 6.
- Chart 3 acts as control of error because answers are found on it.
Points Of Interest
- This is a final exercise to check that the child has memorized the addition combinations.
The child completes Chart 6.