Addition with Short Bead Stair
- A set of Colored Bead Bars from 1 to 9.
- 3 sets of Addition Cards.
- Directress invites the child to build a triangle with the Short Bead Stair.
- Based on the work cards, the Directress assists the child through exercises.
- For example, 2 5. The child takes out a 2 from the Short Bead Stair, then a 5, place it together with the 2.
- Then she counts the total number of beads, "1, 2, 3, ... 7" The answer is 7, and the Directress shows the child where to record his answer on the answer square.
- Encourage the child to work through the questions on the work cards and record his answers.
Control Of Error
- The short Bead Stair acts as a Control of Error.
- The Red Boxes control the place the child puts the answers.
Points Of Interest
- Provide the child with further experience of number combinations up to 10.
- Provide the child with written experience in addition.