Adjective Box 1
- Dark blue cards with phonic words such as: big, fat, red, wet, pink, hot, slim, ... etc.
Words to be selected from the Morris - Montessori Word List at the appropriate level.
This is a group presentation to be carried out with a group of children on the floor. (Note: full work cycle to be observed)
- The Directress lays out on a table the following: a. The largest and smallest cube of the Pink Tower; b. A red and blue color tablet.
- Other possible items are: two cardboard cutout figures of, say, a fat man and a thin man; a wet and a dry cloth; a pink and a blown color tablet.
- The Directress introduces the Adjective Box 1 to the children, saying: Today we are going to do Adjectives".
- The Directress asks one of the children to bring her a big cube.
- The child will select the big cube and bring it to the Directress.
- The Directress then ask, "Why this cube?" and the child will probably respond by saying that you asked him to get a big cube.
- Explain to the child that "You took this cube because I described it to you. Adjective is a describing word".
- The Directress can proceed on with the presentation by asking the children in turn to bring her other objects, for e.g. "Bring me a red color tablet", "Bring me the fat men", ... etc.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- Practice reading.
- Learn the term "adjective".
- Reinforce the function of describing words.
- Relate adjectives to objects.
- This can be carried as a group or individual presentation.
- The Directress lays out on a table the following possible items: The largest and smallest cube of the Pink Tower; a red and a blue colored tablet; Two cardboard cut out figures of, say, a fat man and a thin man; a wet and dry cloth; a pink and a blown color tablet.
- The children can select the words from the Adjective Box 1 and place the respective word cards at the object that it describes.