Cards containing phonograms to go with the farm or other themes, e.g. large, small, huge, white, brown, fierce.
Cards containing the colors to go with the Color Box 2, i.e. red, blue, yellow, purple, green, orange, black, white, grey, pink, brown.
Words to be selected from the Morris - Montessori Word List at the appropriate level.
This is a group presentation to be carried out with a group of children on the floor. (Note: full work cycle to be observed).
- The Directress introduces the respective adjectives Box to the children.
- She opens the box and places the lid underneath the box on the mat.
- She takes out the grey header card with the word "Adjective" on it and places it on the mat.
- Adjective Box 2. The Directress passes out a card each to the children.
- Ask the child to read a word on the card and then places it by the object that it describes on the theme box.
- When all the children have place the cards in the respective places,
- Directress then reminds the children that "Adjectives are descriptive words".
- Adjectives Box 3. The children can do the tablet color pairing exercise and then place the appropriate cards beside them.This exercise can be presented in various ways, for e.g. Directress may lay out all the color tablets on a table, passes out a card each to the children and ask the child to bring her the color tablet that is described on the card.
- Directress explains that "Adjectives are also names of colors. They also describe things".
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- Practice reading.
- Learn the term "adjective".
- Reinforce the function of describing words.
- Relate adjectives to objects.