Bird's Eye View
- 45 Units.
- 45 Ten Bars.
- 45 Real (not imitation) hundreds.
- At least 3 real thousands.
- A complete set of Large Number Cards with the thousand cards removed except for those for which there are real thousand cubes.
- Enough floor mats to contain the completed exercise.
- This could be done as a group activity. Directress invites the children to take the set of Large Number Cards from the shelf and to lay out the cards on the floor mats.
- Invite the children to place the quantities beside the number cards.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- To give the child a bird's eye view of the association between quantity with the written symbols using the cards and beads.
The children continue to build the cards and beads in sequence, the Directress acting as facilitator and keeping order. It is easier to do this with no more than 4 children. The exercise may be done with one child if no others are ready.