Cards 1 to 9 in green, 10 to 90 in blue, 100 to 900 in red, 1000 to 9000 in green.
- This can be done as a group activity.
- Directress invites the children to the shelf to bring out the large number cards.
- She asks them to lay out the cards in sequence on the floor mat.
- The children can take turns to do this.
- The child is given a tray.
- The Directress then asks the child to bring her a number, "Can you bring me 2 tens and 2?".
- The child takes the tray, collects the cards required and gives it to the Directress.
- Directress superimposes the zero and we have '22'.
- The children can be asked to bring in numbers beginning with quantities from one place value, followed by combined quantities from all places, e.g.: 5 units; 4 tens; 7 hundreds; 6 hundreds and 3 tens; 2 thousands, 4 hundreds, 8 tens and 4.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- To give the child practice in recognizing the written symbols.