Change Toilet Paper Roll
- Empty toilet paper roll.
- New toilet paper roll secured (See above picture)
- Mounted roll hanger.
- Invite the child to the lesson with enthusiasm.
- Introduce the lesson as “This is called Replacing a Toilet Paper Roll”.
- Carry it to the table gently and remark on putting it down without a sound.
- With exaggeration show the child how to pull the spindle to the side to make it smaller.
- Tilt empty roll up and point out how the spindle fits into a hole.
- Remove empty roll from the spindle and replace with full roll.
- "We have to get the end in the hole it came out of, watch me”
- Show holding spindle and pushing against spring, point at opposing hole and show it engaging.
- Pull on taped roll to be sure it is engaged securely.
- Say “lets put the empty roll back on for our next friend to take a turn”
- Offer the child a turn.
- Carry work gently back to the shelf.
Control Of Error
Tactile – Roll will come out if not secured in notches.
Points Of Interest
- Basic skill building.
- Teach independence.
- Build self confidence.