Colored Bead Bars: Small Multiplication
- Box of colored bead bars 1-10
- Chart I
- Directress invites the child to take any number (not to exceed 10) of any color of bead bars.
- From this pile the child begins to lay them out in a column; saying 4 taken 1 time, putting out a bar and writing either the equation or just the product in his journal.
- He continues until the whole pile has been lain out.
Control Of Error
Chart I. If the child wrote the equation then he has written a table. If only the products were recorded, then he has done progressive numeration (skip counting).
Points Of Interest
To help the child in the memorization of multiplication. Indirect Aims:
- Preparation for memorization of division.
- Preparation for decomposition into prime factor.
- Preparation for the study of multiples.