- A large tray.
- A small bowl with salt.
- A tablespoon.
- A bowl with a indication line.
- A cloth.
- A small jar.
- Colored sticks of sidewalk chalk.
- A funnel.
Individual or group presentation.
- Introduce the activity to the child.
- Carry the tray to the table.
- Using a tablespoon, remove some salt from the bowl and pour it into the empty bowl up to the indication line.
- Put the tablespoon back on the tray.
- Pick up a colored chalk, put it in the bowl, and then grind the chalk into the salt with a twisting motion.
- Continue grinding until the salt resembles the colored chalk.
- Using the funnel pour the colored salt into the jar.
- Repeat with another piece of chalk.
- Pour another layer of colored salt on top of the first.
- Invite the child to try the activity.
- Continue until the jar is full.
- Return all of the material to the proper place on the shelf.
- Sweep any remaining salt off the table.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- To develop coordination.