This can be done as a group presentation.
- Directress gathers the children together, sitting on the chair in a circle.
- Tells the children, 'Today, I am going to show you the proper way to cough.
- Sometimes, we need to cough.
- But always remember to cover your mouth'.
- Show the child that they can cover their mouth with their hand, tissue paper or handkerchief.
- Do not cough right into people's face.
- Look away to the side and down on the ground and then cough.
- Explain to them that germs spread to others when they do not cover their mouth and saliva comes out.
- Remind them that they must throw the dirty tissue paper, if any used, into the dust bin.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- To teach a child how to cough.
- To develop the child's eye hand coordination.
- To develop the child's fine motor control.
- To develop the child's concentration.
- To develop the child's independence.
- To satisfy the child's self esteem.