Cutting round outlines of templates of animals and plants
- Templates of animals and plants.
This is an individual presentation.
- Directress shows the child how to carry the materials on a tray to the table, and shows the child how to hold the scissors, with the thumb, index and middle finger on the handle of the scissors.
- She then shows the child how to open the scissors by opening up the hand, letting the thumb and the index fingers go apart.
- Close the scissors by closing the hand, bringing the fingers to form a fist.
- Now take a template in the left hand, place it in between the opened scissors and cut along the line.
- Show where you start cutting.
- Repeat for all the templates prepared.
- Allow the child to try whenever he wishes.
Control Of Error
The patterns on paper provide a control.
Points Of Interest
- To teach the child how to use scissors.
- To develop the child's fine motor.
- To develop the child's concentration.
- To develop the child's independence.
- To prepare the child for later project work.