Dressing Frame: Zipper
- Two flaps of cloth with a zip sewn in the middle between the flaps, on a wooden frame.
This is an individual presentation.
- Directress shows the child how to unzip.
- Place the left hand on the left side of the flap.
- Pull the zip head down with the thumb and index finger of the right hand right to the end.
- Then Directress shows the child how to zip up.
- Place the left hand right at the bottom of the zip, holding both the flaps down.
- Pull the zip head with the thumb and index finger of the right hand all the way up.
Control Of Error
The zips are attached.
Points Of Interest
- To teach a child how to zip and unzip.
- To develop the child's eye hand coordination.
- To develop the child's fine motor control.
- To develop the child's concentration.
- To develop the child's independence.
- To satisfy the child's need for order.
May show the child how to work on different kinds of zip, for e.g. the jacket zip. For this, we would need to show how to slip the zip head into the slot of the left hand side of the zip. Pull them to align the sides together at the bottom of the zip, and then pull the zip head up. To unzip, pull the zip head down till it reaches the bottom. Take the zip head out from the slot of the left hand side of the zip and the two flaps will separate.