- Wash basin with soap.
- A drying towel.
- Non-skid stool for the children to stand on (if the wash basin is too high for the children).
This can be a group presentation.
The Directress invites a small group of children to the vicinity of the wash basin, listen and watch carefully.
The Directress shows them how to wash their hands:
- Stand at the wash basin.
- If the child is not tall enough, show them that they may stand up on the stool.
- Turn the tap on by turning it anti-clockwise.
- Put both hands under running water and wet them.
- Remove hands from running water.
- Apply soap and work up lather.
- Rub palm and fingers against each other.
- Place hands under running water and rinse off the soap until there is no more soap bubbles.
- Turn off the tap by turning it clockwise until no water drips.
- Shake off excess water on hands gently into wash basin.
The Directress then shows how to dry their hands:
- Wipe hands on the towel and dry throughly between fingers.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- To teach children how to wash and dry their hands.
- Teaches the children independence and hygiene.