How to Dial 9-1-1
- One standard telephone.
Individual presentation. Age appropriate.
- Introduce the activity to the child.
- Carry the telephone on a tray to the table.
- Identify the different parts of the phone and their functions.
- Explain to the child what an emergency is.
- Instruct the child that she should dial 9-1-1 in any emergency situation.
- Show the child how to dial on the phone.
- Instruct the child to wait for a response, then tell her to give her name and address to the operator.
- Explain that when a person uses 9-1-1 the police, fire or ambulance service will come to help.
- Emphasize to the child that she must never dial 9-1-1 unless it is a real emergency.
- Discuss different emergency scenarios with the child.
- Invite the child to repeat the activity as she wishes.
- Remind the child to return the telephone to the shelf when she is finished.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- To teach a child how to contact emergency services in the event of an emergency.