How to Fold Towels
- Laundry basket.
- 3 different size towels, all the same color: one bath towel, one hand towel and one face cloth.
All 3 towels must be folded and stacked from largest on the bottom to smallest on the top.
Individual or group presentation.
- Ask a child to get a floor mat.
- Explain to the child that you are going to show her how to fold a towel.
- Beginning with the largest towel, spread it out, then smooth out any wrinkles.
- Taking the furthest left and right corners, bring the top edge down to the bottom of the towel.
- Smooth out any creases.
- Fold the towel again by placing your right hand at the top left of the towel, and your left hand at the bottom left of the towel.
- Smmoth out any creases.
- Fold the towel in half once more, from the bottom to the top.
- Carefully place the folded towel inside the laundry basket.
- Repeat this folding procedure with the hand and face towels.
- Stack them in the laundry basket from largest to smallest.
- Invite the child to repeat the activity and return it to the shelf when he is finished.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- To teach a child to fold towels independently in order to care for the environment.