How to Pack a Lunch
- A large tray.
- A lunch box.
- A basket.
- A variety of containers which fit into the lunch box.
- 3 to 4 packaged items: granola bars, box of raisings, crackers, etc.
- A cloth napkin.
- A placemat.
Individual or group presentation.
- Invite the child to bring aplacemat to the table.
- Have the child bring the large tray to the table.
- Open the lunch box and lay the lid open.
- Explain to the child that you are going to pack a lunch.
- Begin by taking every item out of the basket, identifying them, and laying them on the placemat.
- Taking one food item at a time, carefully pack them all into the lunch box.
- Fold the napkin and lay it on top of all the packaged food.
- Close the lid of the lunch box and secure it shut.
- Invite the child to repeat the activity and return it to its proper place on the shelf when she is finished.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- To teach a child independence and nutrition by learning to make his own lunch.