Matching Mystery Bag
- The Mystery Bag; a washable drawstring bag in which an assortment of small objects are placed.
- Objects: should be familiar to the child. the names should be part of the child oral vocabulary.
This is an individual or group presentation.
- Invite the child to use the mystery bag.
- Place the bag on a table or a mat.
- Introduce the objects one at a time, taking them out of the bag and naming them.
- Return all of the objects to the bag.
- Reach into the bag and feel one object.
- Say the name of the object before taking it out of the bag.
- Continue until all the objects have been removed and are laid out on the table or mat.
- Return the objects to the bag and invite the child to complete the exercise. If a group of children are participating, pass the bag around the group and allow each child to remove one object.
- After the exercise is complete, place all the objects in the bag and return it to the shelf.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- To develop the child's stereognostic tactile-muscular sense.
- place pairs of objects in the bag. Have the child match them by feeling inside the bag for an object which matches the one which has already been removed.