Multiplication - With Changing
- Unlimited Golden Beads.
- Large Number Cards.
- At least 2 sets of Small Number Cards.
- At least 2 trays and unit pots fro carrying.
- An operational mat.
- A floor mat.
- This is a group activity.
- Directress invites the children to take the Large and Small Number Cards from the shelf and to lay out the cards on the floor mat.
- Meanwhile, the Directress sets up the 'Bank' and lays out the operational mat on another table.
- The Directress sets up a multiplication question that involves changing, e.g. 1226x2.
- This exercise is carried out in the same manner as in the Addition with changing exercise.
- Just remind them of what to do when the units, tens, hundreds are added and they reached 10 of each as in Addition with changing.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- To show the children that changing in multiplication is the same as in addition.