Naming the cards
Cards: units-green, tens-blue, hundreds-red, thousands-green. The cards are of different length. The Ten is twice as long as the Unit, the Hundred is three times as long as the Unit and the Thousand if four times as long as the Unit.
- Directress lays out the cards on the table and introduces the symbols: "This is unit", "This is ten", "This is hundred", "This is thousand".
- Directress then brings to their attention the number of zeroes each quantity has, "Did you see Ten has one zero, Hundred has 2 zeroes and Thousand has 3 zeroes?".
- The Directress then superimposes the four cards, and says "Now, we are going to cover all the zeroes".
- Directress introduces this number, "This is One Thousand, one hundred and eleven".
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- To teach the child the written symbols for 1, 10, 100, and 1000.