Opening and closing assorted bottles
- Selection of 4 different types of bottles with different tops.
- Felt cloth.
This is an individual presentation.
- Directress laid the felt cloth on the table and takes out all the bottles, one at a time, placing them in a row on the cloth.
- She shows the child how to open and close the bottles.
- Starting from left to right, the Directress holds the bottle with the non-dominant hand.
- Bring the bottle very near and right in front of the child, slowly open the closure of the bottle.
- Place the closure in front of the bottle on the felt cloth.
- Continue doing the same for the others.
- When finished opening, then start closing the bottles again, starting from left to right again.
- Allow child to try the last one.
Control Of Error
When closing, the top will not fit if the wrong one is chosen.
Points Of Interest
Remember to open the bottle very slowly in front of the child, as if there is magic in the bottle.
- To teach the child how to open and close bottles.
- To develop the child's eye hand coordination.
- To develop the child's fine motor control.
- To develop the child's concentration.
- To develop the child's independence.
- To satisfy the child's need for order.
- To build their muscles for pencil grip.
- After opening the bottles, mix up the tops. Invite the child to match the tops with the bottles and close them.
- Have various kinds of bottles with different types of tops.