Opening and closing assorted boxes
- Selection of 4 different types of boxes.
- Felt cloth.
This is an individual presentation.
- Directress laid the felt cloth on the table and takes out all the boxes, one at a time, placing them in a row on the cloth.
- She shows the child how to open and close the boxes.
- Starting from left to right, the Directress holds the box with the non-dominant hand.
- Bring the box very near and right in front of the child, slowly open the box.
- Place the top in front of the box on the felt cloth.
- Continue doing the same for the others.
- When finished opening, then start closing the boxes again, starting from left to right again.
- Allow child to try the last one.
Control Of Error
When closing, the top will not fit if the wrong one is chosen.
Points Of Interest
- To teach the child how to open and close boxes.
- To develop the child's eye hand coordination.
- To develop the child's fine motor control.
- To develop the child's concentration.
- To develop the child's independence.
- To satisfy the child's need for order.
- To build their muscles for pencil grip.
- After opening the boxes, mix up the tops. Invite the child to match the tops with the boxes and close them.
- Have various kinds of boxes with different types of tops.