Opening and closing doors
- A door.
This can be a collective presentation.
Directress invites all the children to sit on a chair and show them how to open a door:
Stand facing the door. Place right hand on the knob, the left hand's palm flat against the door for stability. Turn the knob anti-clockwise and pull the door towards your body. There are two reasons for opening the door:
- To see who is out there. Just open slightly, enough for you to peep through to see who is on the other side.
- To go out. Open the door all the way. Walk out. Remember to close the door behind you.
The Directress shows how to close a door:
Place left hand palm flat against the door, turn the knob with the right hand anti-clockwise. Hands still holding the knob, anti-clockwise, push the door gently to close the opening and let go of the knob.
Control Of Error
Directress directed exercise.
Door will not open if knob is turned to the wrong direction.
Points Of Interest
- To teach children how to open and close a door.
- Teaches coordination of the eyes and hands.
- Teaches children independence and safety.
- Develop their hands movement.
You may try different doors with different knobs.