Passage from Vertical to Horizontal
- Take the picture cards again.
- By now, she knows the names and stories.
- Now give a time sequence to these images.
- Order them with the child from left to right - oldest to youngest.
- Observe with the child that if we connect these, we have a time line of dwellings.
- Remove the reading levels and put arrows there.
- The arrows say the same on the front as the reading labels.
- See what is written on the back side.
- Turn each arrow over.
- Note that the dates go first by 1000's, then by 100's.
- This ordering will tell us if we have placed the picture cards in accurate order.
- 3000 BCE, 2000 BCE, 700 BCE, 300 BCE, 9th Century CE, 16th century, 19th century CE, etc.
- Through this transition process, the child is entering the understanding of history.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest