- 8" x 10" card, divided into squares with a phonetic word printed in each square.
- Corresponding pictures pasted on separate cardboard, measured to fit inside blank squares.
- Child selects one phonetic workpage with matching pictures.
- Arrange pictures on top of table in horizontal column.
- Directress reads word in first square, then places the corresponding picture above the word.
- Continue until all pictures are placed on workpage.
- Mix up pictures and let child repeat exercise.
Control Of Error
- Each workpage is coded with a different color.
- The corresponding pictures are also color coded.
Points Of Interest
- To develop ability to combine isolated sounds to form a meaningful word.
- To help child realize that a writtrn word is a group of sounds represented by symbols (letters).
- Introduction to reading.