- Pink card with six to eight pictures in two rows of three or four pictures.
- Separate reading cards. The words are three-letter phonic.
Words to be selected from the Morris-Montessori Word List Pink Level - Pink Level nouns.
This is an individual presentation to be carried on the table. (Note: full work cycle to be observed).
- The Directress takes the word cards kept in an envelope behind the card, checks to see they are not upside down and puts it neatly in a stack.
- The Directress places the picture card in front of the child and goes thugh each picture, naming it.
- The Directress takes the stack of cards, places it in front of the child and invites the child to sound out the letters on the 1st card. Invite the child to place the word card below the respective picture. Repeat for all the word cards, assisting the child when needed.
Control Of Error
The reading cards correspond to the pictures, a mismatch may reveal any mistakes.
Points Of Interest
It is advisable to have several boxes at this level to provide a variety of reading exercises.
- Give the child further practices reading three-letter phonic words.
- Enrich the child's reading vocabulary.