Pink box 4 - Pictures and Words
- A pink bos containing six pictures representing three-letter phonic words.
- Six reading cards with the corresponding words to the pictures.
Words to be selected from the Morris-Montessori Word List Pink Level - Pink Level nouns.
This is an individual presentation to be carried out on the table on a tablemat. (Note: full work cycle to be observed)
- The Directress places the Pink box 4 with the lid underneath the box on the right hand corner of the mat.
- She takes out the picture card one at a time.
- As she lay the picture card in a horizontal line (3 cards in a row), she names the picture.
- Directress then takes the word cards, checks to see they are not upside down, puts it neatly in a stack.
- She then takes one card, places it in front of the child, and invites the child to sound out the letters.
- Encourage the child to sound the letters a bit quicker, blending them. Ask the child 'What does it sound like?'.
- The child will respond and then invite the child to place the word card below the reapective picture.
- Repeat for all the word cards, assisting the child when needed.
Control Of Error
There are the same numbers of pictures as reading cards - a mismatch may reveal any mistakes.
Points Of Interest
It is advisable to have several boxes at this level to provide more opportunities for the child to read.
- Practice reading three-letter phonic words.
- Enrich reading vocabulary.