Plane Figures: Exercise: Find Divergent Lines in the Environment
- Position one stick horizontally on the board.
- Use two different guide sticks to position the second stick.
- Fix the second stick and set the guide sticks aside.
- Place the two happy children at the wide end.
- As these two go along, they become closer and closer and happier and happier, knowing that in the end they will meet.
- Replace the figures with one-way arrows.
- These lines go only in one direction - toward each other.
- These are convergent lines. (convergent: Latin con- together, and vergera - to incline)
- These lines come from two different points toward each other to one point.
- Love stories in geometry, like those in real life can change.
- Place extra sticks at the narrow end to see how these line continue in their one direction.
- What happens? After the point of convergency, these two lines become divergent.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
Find convergent lines in the environment.