Rolling A Mat / Rolling A Napkin
- Mat or napkin.
This is a group presentation.
- Bring a mat from the mat basket, carrying it vertically.
- Place the mat on the floor, unrolling it toward you slowly and carefully.
- After the mat is fully unrolled, explain that you are going to demonstrate how to roll it back up.
- Insert your thumb under the mat, about 1/3in away from each side.
- Hold the edge by placing your fingers over the mat.
- Repeat with the alternate hand.
- Make a fold by rolling your hands forward.
- Repeat, emphasizing each fold, continuing to look at both ends for an even roll.
- Tap the ends in when necessary.
- Continue rolling until the mat is fully rolled and the top edge is facing you.
- Invite a child to repeat the activity, and return the mat to the mat basket.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- To teach the child to roll a mat/napkin.