Sand Paper Letters And Objects
- Sand Paper Letters.
- A mat.
Introduce the objects and the Sand Paper Letters.
This is an individual or small group presentation.
- Choose 4-6 Sand Paper Letters which a child has been introduced to.
- Lay out a mat and position the letters across the top of the mat.
- Obtain the corresponding objects and arrange them onto a table across the room.
- Point to one of the Sand Paper Letters on the mat and ask the child to trace and say the sound.
- Hand the child a small basket and ask him to find an object on the table that begins with that sound, e.g., "m".
- When the child returns ask him to name the object before placing it under the correct Sand Paper Letter.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- To asssist the child in maintaining the initial sound of an object to the Sand Paper Letter.
- Choose 10-12 Sand Paper Letters.
- On a mat, lay out all of the objects.
- Ask the child to choose one item.
- Ask the child to walk around the classroom and return with the correlating Sand Paper Letter.
- Have the child place the letters beside the object.
- Ask the child to name the object and then trace and say the matching letter.
- Ask the child to return th Sand Paper Letter and continue the activity with the remaining objects.