Stages in the Progress of Civilization
- The Fundamental Needs Chart
- Many booklets: Stages in the progress of civilization (each booklet contains pictures and corresponding labels).
- Let's look at one of these booklets - travel on the sea.
- The chart is put away and the booklet presented.
- The child puts the pictures down in any order.
- "Which boat looks like one that you might ride in today?" ( It is chosen and put to the right of the child)
- "Which one do you think was the oldest boat used?"
- Then look at the remaining boats and try to place them in the order of first to last trying to reason why.
- The directress then presents a three period lesson naming each picture.
- In the first period, full descriptions are given for each picture, referring to various details in the picture.
- The child is then given the labels and matches them to the pictures.
- The child may then read the booklets.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest