- A large tray.
- A placemat.
- A small plate.
- A set of cutlery: fork, knife and spoon.
- A drinking glass.
- A napkin.
Individual or group presentation.
- Introduce the activity on the shelf.
- Show the child how to carry the tray to the table.
- Explain to the child that you are going to set the table for one person.
- Remove the placemat from the tray and unroll it onto the table.
- Place the plate on the placemat. Make sure it is on the center.
- Place the fork on the left side of the plate.
- Place the napkin on the left side of the fork.
- Place the knife on the right side of the plate.
- Place the spoon to the right of the knife.
- Place the drinking glass above the knife.
- Invite the child to replace the items onto the tray and repeat the activity.
- Remind the child to return everything to the shelf when she is finished.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- To teach a child the proper way to set a table.