The Plant Kingdom: Classification Game for Botany
- A box with several series of labels, each series is a different color.
- Each series contains a question and two or more answers.
Reading of words
- The directress chooses several pictures of animals, those that might be known to the child, and that have simple names.
- The child identifies any that s/he may know.
- The directress presents the names of the others.
- Incidental clues and hints are given to help the child remember.
- The three period lesson is given on those that are new.
- When the child knows them all, the reading labels are given and the child may match them.
- The child may write the names, and draw pictures of the animals.
Reading of sentences
- This work is intended for the point when the child reads reasonably well.
- This time the child puts out the pictures.
- The directress reads a story from one of the cards.
- Upon completion the child guesses the animal that the story refers to.
- The story card is matched to the picture.
- When the child is working alone, he reads the stories.
- Another nice way of doing this is to have an older child matched up with a younger one who doesn't read past a word level.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest