The Plant Kingdom: The Cosmic Work of Plants
ROOTS HOLD THE SOIL
- Roots holding the soil is the cosmic work of the roots.
- Roots are like dikes which hold the earth.
- The roots form terraces on the hillsides, preventing the erosion of soil.
- The same work that the roots do is done by farmers when they grow crops on the hillsides, by a method called terracing.
The Fountain of Terraces or Cups
- The brown represents the soil and the blue, water.
- Some water is retained by the roots of a plant, and water filters through, slowed by the network of roots and soil, gradually working its way to streams and rivers.
- This principle of slowing the descent of water on the mountainside has been used in terraced gardens which work like this fountain of cups.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest